Recruitment and Communications SpecialistUNK - CLASSIFIED ADVERTISING
Brief Summary of Job Description
The CBT Recruitment & Communications Specialist supports the College of Business & Technology Dean’s Office by coordinating, writing content for, and managing CBT’s online and offline communications including its webpages, social media, and newsletters; by developing and managing CBT’s recruitment efforts for undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs; and by coordinating and promoting CBT sponsored events on and off campus.
Recruitment: Oversee and manage CBT student ambassadors which involves the following:
• High School Tours – visits to area high schools to speak to high school students about college and business/technology majors
• Student-to-Student calling – following up with prospective students after their visits to UNK
• Tours of West Center (and eventually the new STEM building) – assist with tours of West Center to prospective students and their guests after their faculty academic visit
• Career Fairs – assist with set-up, check-in, staffing tables, or breakdown as needed
• Help with various events as needed throughout the year such as Executive-in-Residence, Ethics Day, Marienau Symposium, CBT Scholarship Night, and CBT Honors Night
Recruitment: Coordinate and manage prospective student visits involves the following:
• Being the point person for the Office of Undergraduate Recruitment & Admissions to contact about visits
• Being the point person for prospective students and family
• Being a CBT tour guide
• Coordinating coordinate faculty visits
• Provide timely communication with prospective students after visit
Recruitment: Develop and maintain recruitment material for CBT and the Office of Admissions
Recruitment: Create measurable benchmarks for enhancing traditional student recruitment; monitor and adjust recruitment efforts and execution to reach recruiting goal
Recruitment: Work with the Office of Admissions, Enrollment Management, and International Education to identify new target market geography and demographics; develop a strategy to own and reach these potential students.
Communications: Coordinate and manage CBT’s online and offline communication including social media and newsletters
Communications: Coordinate and promote CBT events and work with University Communications & Marketing for timely press releases and with faculty to showcase events on various media platforms
Communications: Manage and maintain the CBT webpages
Schedule M-F 8 am - 5 pm, 40 hours
Desired Start Date 09/03/2019
Bachelor’s degree required. Ability to interact with individuals in a variety of settings. Excellent verbal and written communication, management, and problem-solving skills are essential. Basic computer expertise with word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, e-mail, Internet, etc. are required. Travel is required. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in customer service and event planning. Experience with editing/maintaining content on websites.