Utility Operator, Utilities Services
The Facilities Management and Planning Department is seeking applications for a full-time Utility Operator for the 24 hour operations of the Central Utility Plant.
- Operate, and monitor high and low pressure boilers, and related equipment.
- Operate, maintain, and monitor chillers, large air conditioning units, and related equipment.
- Monitor the performance of campus equipment through the computerized energy management system, take corrective action, and report problems to proper authority.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair of high-pressure steam boilers, chillers, utility distribution systems, and utility equipment.
- Make rounds on campus, note deficiencies, take corrective actions, and complete operator logs.
- May respond to calls from supervisor or facilities service desk dispatcher regarding environmental concerns and correct problems.
- Relieve other Plant Operators as needed and assume all duties of that shift.
- Perform pipefitting work as needed.
- Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance on all HVAC and mechanical equipment including belt changes, lubrication of equipment, cleaning, pump repair, system analysis, air filter changes, coil cleaning, etc.
- Request parts and materials from supervisor. Complete work order tickets, materials/services request forms, leave request forms, inspection reports, log sheets, and other required paperwork.
- Assists in the training of others as needed in all areas.
- Read, interpret, and follow blueprints, shop drawings, and schematics.
-Must be able to work independently, with little supervision.- Must perform all work in a safe and professional manner.
- Primary hours will be a rotating 10/12 hour shift
-Perform other related duties as assigned.