Office Associate, Communication and Psychology
Office Associate, Communication and Psychology Departments
The University of Nebraska at Kearney Communication and Psychology is seeking an Office Associate.
Brief Summary of Job Description
This an entry-level position. Incumbents in this classification perform a wide variety of office support and administrative functions in support of the assigned department or college program. The Office Associate position requires proficiency in the full range of general office services and functions as well as knowledge of the services of their department and work assignment. This will be a full-time position (1.0 FTE), .5 FTE in Psychology & .5 FTE in Communication.
· Greets faculty, staff, students and others by phone, in person or through electronic media. Assesses needs and explains services, processes, procedures and guidelines. Handles requests/transactions or directs the person or matter to the proper sources. Assists in resolving problems and ensuring satisfactory resolutions. Processes various forms or applications and ensures accuracy and completeness; enters, computes, verifies and compiles data and forwards for review/approval or files paperwork.
· Must be computer literate as well as knowledgeable about a variety of office software applications. Creates documents in Word or uses predefined templates and form letters. Creates or maintains files in Excel. May create PowerPoint presentations and use Access or other databases.
· Occasional hiring, supervising, training and monitoring of student workers.
· Operates office equipment such as printers, copy machines, fax machines. Serves as liaison with service and vendor personnel.
· Provides direct or indirect assistance with department related tasks. This includes room or class scheduling, travel, budget and general support to all areas of the department.
· Enters information into Digital Measures as needed and/or other large and complex databases of department records and services, ensures the accuracy and completeness of the data, and generates reports or outputs when necessary.
· Receives mail, email or other correspondence for the work unit or area including electronic or bulk mailings. Reviews correspondence and determines proper disposition.
· Maintains department supplies and inventories. Tracks status, orders, purchases, and maintains or distributes supplies as needed.
· Files documents, including use of electronic rather than paper records if applicable.
· Coordinates, organizes, and takes minutes at meetings, and supports other department activities and functions. Schedules or obtains use of rooms and sets up rooms and equipment for use.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/ Disabled.