Extension Educator - 4H Youth DevelopmentUniversity of Nebraska - Lincoln
Focused Expertise Assignment: College Readiness and Career Development (100%)
This is a 12-month, non-tenured position. The major responsibility of this position is to lead statewide 4-H youth development efforts to engage youth in College Readiness and Career Development. The primary focus is to develop a comprehensive, visionary, contemporary, expanded youth development college and career readiness program by enhancing partnerships, strengthening the volunteer base, increasing funding, and growing program enrollment. This role will also provide leadership to the learning experiences at the Nebraska State Fair.
In this position the extension educator will:
1. Identify a framework around college readiness and career development that can be used to guide Nebraska youth programming.
2. Develop, deliver, and evaluate educational programming/content to engage youth in decision making around careers and preparing for college.
3. Create and/or lead events, activities, lessons, and resources that allow students to purposefully explore career options and higher education opportunities.
4. Partner with other entities involved in this work to develop statewide excellence and reach in this area (UNL Office of Admissions, Departmental Recruitment Coordinators, Extension Issue Teams, etc.).
5. Lead the statewide Next Chapter program in partnership with the Office of Admissions.
6. Employ creative strategies to target new and underserved audiences in these experiences.
7. Develop and implement volunteer recruitment strategies that enhance organizational capacity.
8. Develop and deliver staff and volunteer development and training programs on college readiness and career development.
9. Partner with research faculty to engage in action research related to college readiness and career development.
10. Work in a multidisciplinary team environment with extension professionals and other partners to translate and teach the latest research-based information.
11. Secure funding and other resources to promote programming.
12. Engage in recruitment strategies for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
13. Lead the Nebraska 4-H State Fair Management team, working to focus Fair experiences on learning outcomes.
In addition to the above-described duties, the individual will be expected to accept committee assignments, reporting responsibilities, and other special ad hoc assignments as requested at the administrative unit, college/division, institute, and/or university level. Travel is required. Must meet driver standards according to UNL policy and have a valid driver's license. Criminal history background check will be conducted.