CAD DrafterMILLER & ASSOCIATES
Job Title: CAD Drafter
Reports To: CAD Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Produce working drawings, topographic and relief maps with computer assisted drafting system (CAD) from rough sketches, verbal instructions, and/or engineering data. Make drawings and plans to specify dimensions, materials, and processes used in the making of a final product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- This worker does simple drawings and changes existing drawings to show changes in design. ·
- Responsible for many calculations, such as weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- May assist Engineer in developing design concepts, with attention to appearance, proper mechanics, and other necessary items.
- Assist in detail checking of own work and work of other drafters.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for describing the features of land, including physical characteristics, and locations.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Training in drafting from trade school or college.
- Knowledge of computer-assisted drafting (CAD) software, AutoCAD Civil 3D.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work is performed primarily in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Drafting rooms are usually set up to make the worker as comfortable as possible. They are well lit and kept at a comfortable temperature. Most Drafters work at computers. Drafters perform very detailed work for long periods of time, and the work may cause eyestrain and muscle pain. Workers may go to other departments to talk with designers, drafters, and production personnel.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.