Commercial Kitchen Designer/Drafter & Project ManagerMIDWEST RESTAURANT SUPPLY
Commercial Kitchen Designer/Drafter & Project Manager
Midwest Restaurant Supply- Grand Island, NE.
Position Summary/Objective: The designer is responsible for commercial kitchen design, draft layouts, production drawings and the presentation of drawings. This position is responsible for the client relationships when developing schematic design, design development and for coordinating with architectural, engineering, install staff and contractor partners.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on multiple commercial kitchen projects, including all phases of design.
- Create efficient foodservice equipment floor plans that meet customer's budget.
- Generate documents/drawings from AutoCAD and/or AutoQuotes to submit for construction purposes.
- Communicate with Health Departments regarding local codes, research local governing body rules/regulations and incorporate into designs.
- Coordinate with architects and engineers, estimators, installers and appropriate construction trades.
- Attend job meetings, design review meetings and client meetings as required.
- Conduct site visits and punch list during installation of project as needed or per customer requirements.
- Expected to grow capabilities to perform position with greater efficiency annually.
- Finish jobs in a timely manner, including but not limited to punch lists, final billing, change orders and etc.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
- Food Service and/or Restaurant Equipment knowledge.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2012 or higher.
- Ability to read architectural drawings.
- Basic working knowledge of general construction, mechanical, electrical, plumbing a plus.
- Basic Computer knowledge with experience working in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat and AutoQuotes a plus.
- Strong relationship building skills with customers, general contractors and architects.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time or Internship