Director of Development, Greater Nebraska Region (55 counties)
JOB TITLE: Director of Development, Greater Nebraska Region (55 counties)
OFFICE LOCATION: Make-A-Wish Nebraska Kearney Satellite Office
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Development
STATUS: Exempt, Full-Time
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position reports to the Vice President of Development. This position is accountable for all areas of fundraising/development activities for the Greater NE region, including Major Gifts, Corporate Giving, Internal/External Events, Planned Giving, etc. This position works closely on development and marketing/communications strategies with the CEO, VP of Development, Lincoln Program Director, and the Board of Directors. This position supervises the Regional Program Coordinator - Kearney
- 5-7 years’ proven development experience in the Greater Nebraska region
- Relevant experience pertaining to public relations/communications
- BA/BS in business, marketing, non-profit fundraising, or related field
- A broad understanding of the principles of fundraising
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills both written and oral
- Must have experience with public speaking and be comfortable with multiple audiences including media
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office products and donor software (Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce preferred)
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work independently and possess effective organizational skills to manage and prioritize responsibilities
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of and passion for the work of Make-A-Wish
- Has the ability and willingness to travel for the position, including evenings/weekends
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish with the VP of Development the development plan, strategies, programs, and goals for the Greater NE region.
- Implement a comprehensive fundraising and development plan for the Greater NE region
with detailed and corresponding strategies that are consistent with development efforts within the Chapter
- Supervise the Regional Program Coordinator - Kearney
- Execute Chapter stewardship program and processes, steward donor relationships to increase the base of support from current and potential donors in the Greater NE region
- Solicit, cultivate and manage donor relationships with individuals, corporations, foundations, schools, and other entities consistent with the Chapter’s annual fundraising goals, strategic plan, and mission
- Utilize the features of Raiser’s Edge in providing a moves management approach to donors and prospects
- Manage procedures to ensure effective collecting, acknowledging, and follow-up on all gifts received in the region
- Manage and oversee all functions of the Kearney Friends Council and the events they host
- Oversee and implement all aspects of the annual Kearney Dinner and Auction working collaboratively with the Kearney Friends Council and the Regional Program Coordinator - Kearney
- Oversee External and other events, working collaboratively with the Regional Program
Coordinator - Kearney
- Ensure that a positive image and consistency of message is maintained through all internal and external communications; serve as a speaker when appropriate.
- Solicit pro bono media space and/or airtime.
- Write and produce communications pieces as needed (speeches, invitations, copy, etc.)
- Operate within the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s standards, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.