Facility & Grounds Manager
40 hours per week for 260 days per year (1.0000 FTE)
Benefits: BCBS Insurance, LTD, Sick Leave, Holidays, Bereavement, NPERS Retirement
- Education: Minimum of High School diploma. Higher education is beneficial.
- Must possess a valid Nebraska Driver's License.
- Verifiable hands-on custodial experience.
- Supervision experience over a large staff.
- Able to manage multiple locations.
- Purchasing custodial supplies and equipment experience.
- Grounds-keeping experience.
- Hiring, training, and evaluating custodial and grounds personnel.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of safety procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Include, but are not limited to)
- Directly responsible for a safe and clean environment for staff, students, and patrons in all district facilities.
- Responsible for hiring all custodial and grounds-keeping personnel.
- Directs all custodial and grounds staff in their compliance with scheduled and unscheduled task assignments.
- Trains all custodial and grounds staff through internal in-services, one-on-one training, and qualified workshops as time and budget permits.
- Coordinates all staffing to upgrade the cleanliness of district facilities.
- Coordinates staff for special events that require additional staff hours above and beyond normally assigned duties.
- Responsible for assigning evening supervisor duties and the continual training of evening supervisors.
- Responsible for working within budget constraints to purchase and distribute custodial supplies, equipment, and inventory.
- Ensures repair and maintenance of custodial and grounds keeping equipment within capability and maintains appropriate maintenance records.
- Maintains budget accountability.
- Works with building administrators with their daily needs in the area of their responsibilities.
- Responsible for evaluating custodial and grounds staff.
- Directs lawncare and landscaping activities.
- Monitors building security and safety, grounds safety, and the condition of the playground equipment.
- Reports all inadequacies to the Director of Buildings & Grounds.
- Responsible for coordinating snow removal with the Director of Facilities for the district.
- Assists custodians when situations or needs dictate.
- Screens timesheets for accuracy.
- Ensures disaster preparedness of custodial and grounds staff.
- Screen all requests from custodial and grounds staff for appropriate needs.
- Assists the Director of Facilities in the performance of duties as requested.
- Coordinates and ensures the operation of the daily inter-district mail route.
- Maintains a valid Nebraska Certified Pesticide Applicator License.
- Ensures that the custodial and grounds staff is familiar with Disaster Plan and prepared to put it to use.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects at one time in a timely matter
- Maintains a Nebraska State Pool Operator license.
- Work alongside the Operation Manager on daily duties and task
- Operates the district work order and facility scheduling software.
- Performs other duties as required by the Director of Facilities.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
It is the policy of the Kearney Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, or other protected conditions, in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title VI and Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, Section 504 Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Nebraska Equal Education Opportunity Act.
Any person who believes she or he has been discriminated against denied a benefit or been excluded from participation in any district education program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, or other protected conditions, may grieve such matters using the adopted grievance procedures of the Kearney Public School District. Such procedure shall provide for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging acts of discrimination. This position is subject to a veterans' preference.
Inquiries regarding compliance with Title IX, Section 504, Title VI
or the Nebraska Equal Opportunity in Education Act may be directed to the
Director of Human Resources, 320 West 24th Street, Kearney, NE, 68845-5345, (308) 698-8011