Mixer Truck Driver
TITLE: Mixer Truck Driver
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Kearney Concrete CO. is based in Kearney, Nebraska and supplies ready mixed concrete, sand, gravel and related construction materials. Kearney Concrete Co. was establishment in 1956. Come be a part of this great company and have a vital role in making our community even better.
DIVISION: Standard Ready Mix Concrete
LOCATION: Kearney, NE
DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Drives truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Comply with all Department of Transportation requirements including but not limited to licensing, vehicle inspection, and hours of service.
- Inspects the truck as required at the start of each workday, completing the Driver Check-off Sheet which indicates that all systems are functioning properly.
- Drives truck to location for unloading in a safe manner
- Backs truck under batching or loading hopper to receive concrete.
- Climbs the ladder, approximately 10-12 feet, on the mixer truck to view the load of concrete for consistency and amount, to inspect the drum for cleanliness.
- Adjusts the trailer axle pressure depending on the weight of the load.
- Follows written and verbal instructions to include city street maps and has the ability to complete necessary paperwork.
- Maneuvers the truck up to deliver concrete to the point of delivery.
- Assembles concrete chute(s) weighing 35-50 pounds each.
- Moves hand and foot controls and understands and follows hand signals while operating the truck.
- Cleans truck after loading and after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck.
- Sprays surfaces of truck with acid compound to clean truck and drum in accordance with company standards.
- Reads, understands and complies with the Safety Manual and Employee Manual.
- Understands that attendance and punctuality are required each day of work. Off season and down time require truck maintenance, plant maintenance, shop cleaning and feed bunks. All new hires will be trained by current and experienced co-workers.