Executive Office Manager
OVERVIEW OF HEADWATERS CORPORATION
Headwaters Corporation is a natural resources management consulting firm that specializes in the review and implementation of large-scale endangered species recovery and river restoration programs; management of independent science review processes; planning, design, and implementation of river restoration and wetland mitigation projects; and application of a variety of areas of scientific expertise to project planning, design, and implementation. We have a small, highly qualified team comprised of leading river restoration program managers and adaptive management practitioners, experts in restoration program governance and function, river ecologists, western water resources experts, biologists, geomorphologists, water resources engineers, and land managers. With offices in Nebraska (Kearney and Omaha) and Colorado (Lakewood and Fort Collins), Headwaters Corporation provides a broad range of services to public and private clients. Visit our website at www.headwaterscorp.com for more information on our purpose, our people, and our work.
POSITION SUMMARY – Executive Office Manager
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and adaptable person with strong interpersonal skills to join our team as Executive Office Manager. The ideal person must be analytical, precise, and have experience in managing people professionally. Overall, the Executive Office Manager must exercise a high-level of judgment, work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, and maintain a high level of confidentiality. A wide degree of agility is expected.
- Serve as a member of the Headwaters Leadership Team and contribute to development and implementation of the Headwaters business strategic plan.
- Management of Headwaters’ human resources including, but not limited to, benefits, payroll, retirement accounts, and insurance.
- Management of one to two staff members and oversight of accounting, invoicing, receipts, and audits for all Headwaters clients, including specific reporting and accounting processes for the Platte River Recovery Implementation Program (PRRIP) – PRRIP is Headwaters’ major client for which we provide the Executive Director, all staff, and management of day-to-day operations.
- Work collaboratively with the Leadership Team to develop and/or improve systems, processes, and procedures that improve the overall efficiency of the company and ensure excellent customer service.
- Responsible for company compliance with all existing government and labor laws and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for company compliance with all requirements as a registered small business and all other requirements for securing and maintaining federal government contracts.
- Significant prior experience with managing the human resources operations of a business, with business accounting, and with managing office staff and budgets.
- Superb communication skills, with the ability to deliver clear and persuasive messages in both written and oral formats.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to successfully work on multiple projects.
- Excellent problem-solving and abstract reasoning skills.
- Ability to motivate oneself and colleagues to create a positive, productive team environment.
- Demonstrates a willingness to take on new tasks with a general attitude that no task it too small, impossible, or cannot be improved.
- Knowledge of or prior experience with best practices for managing and motivating remote teams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Corporate/business management
- Financial planning and strategy
- Strategic planning and vision
- Promotion of process improvement
- Budget development
- Demonstrated experience with using various office and accounting software such as Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
The Executive Office Manager will be an in-person position located in Headwaters’ Kearney, NE office.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or human resources; M.B.A. preferred.
Minimum of six (6) years of managerial and/or human resources experience required.
Headwaters Corporation will offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications relevant to the position of Director of Operations. Anticipated starting range of $65,000-$75,000/year.
Headwaters offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance; a 401(K) plan; and paid vacation time and holidays. Headwaters Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.