Family Service AssistantCOMMUNITY ACTION
Family Service Assistant
- Recruit eligible families, including children with disabilities, maintain a waitlist and generate enrollment acceptance letters.
- Maintain funded enrollment, replace open slots within 30 days of opening, and maintain a waitlist throughout the program year.
- Ensure behavioral/emotional, hearing, vision, dental and physical screenings (TB & lead) are completed within the required time frame.
- Provide information to families regarding community events, parent education classes, and other items of importance.
- Assist in ensuring nonfederal match is met and pursue partnerships with community resources.
- Recruit and maintain Policy Council representatives and alternates, provide transportation to required meetings, and communicate agenda, minutes, and meetings dates to members.
- Assist in the classroom during staff absences, or as needed.
- Ability to be a team player as well as work independently to meet the needs of our children and families.
Minimum Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent; previous experience working with families to include family goal setting, identification and referral to community resources, and curriculum planning. Prefer degree and/or experience in Early Childhood Education or related field such as social work, health or human services.