Senior Services Attendant
Location: Senior Activity Center, Kearney, NE 68845
Department: Park & Recreation/Sr. Activity Center
Job Status: Part-Time
Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Rate of Pay: $14.57 -
Status: Accepting Applications Until Filled Apply Now
Job Description Summary
Assist in Peterson Senior Activity Center operations by providing assistance to the Senior Services Coordinator, Senior Services Program Aide, volunteers, and patrons. Work varies, requiring limited interpretive judgment.
Provide assistance as directed by attending to the beverage bar, dining area, and general operations of the Center to include: filling, stocking, and cleaning of the beverage bar area, maintaining the cleanliness of the dining area during meal periods, assisting patrons unable to carry food and beverage trays; perform basic reception duties to make visitors feel welcome; answer questions that require basic knowledge of programs and services; provide assistance to programming needs as directed; perform basic custodial duties; assist with general groundskeeping tasks around the perimeter of the facility, perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Requirements
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to eighth-grade education. One year experience in food service or janitorial industries with a valid Nebraska driver’s license preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Mental Requirements -
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to listen to and apply information and instructions
- Ability to read and comprehend written material
- Ability to think logically and quickly during an emergency
- Physical Requirements
- Work Type: Medium, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up-to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up-to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects
- Climbing/Balancing: Minimal, ability to sit and stand
- Walking: Moderate amount required
- Stooping/Bending: Frequently
- Stand/Sit: Sit about 20 percent of the time
- Reaching: Moderate overhead as well as horizontal
- Vision: Adequate to perform essential job functions
- Color Vision: Adequate to perform essential job functions
- Hearing: Frequently perceive nature of sounds by ear
- Speech: Frequently express ideas by means of spoken words
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination: Frequently operates equipment requiring a moderate ability
- Manual Dexterity: Frequently operates equipment requiring a moderate ability
The City of Kearney is a Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace and an EOE.