Seasonal Water Operations Maintenance Worker
Closes On: October 11, 2021 at 11:59 PM CST
Location: Utilities, Kearney, NE 68845
Department: Utilities-Water Production
Job Status: Not Specified
Days: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Rate of Pay: $12.00 -
Status: Accepting Applications Until Filled
Details: Must be at least 18 years of age
Job Description Summary
Perform building and grounds maintenance and assist other employees in maintenance activities.
Paints Fire Hydrants. Mow and trim around fire hydrants. Assist with the installation and programming of water meters. Operate power washer, assist with water main valve maintenance and fire hydrant maintenance. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Requirements
Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Mental Requirements -
- Ability to read and comprehend written material.
- Ability to listen to and apply information and instructions.
- Ability to understand mathematical concepts to include basic arithmetic.
- Work Type: Moderate, exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Climbing/Balancing: Moderate, climb inclines, uneven surfaces, balance required
- Walking: Moderate amount required
- Stooping/Bending: Frequently
- Stand/Sit: Sit about 5 percent of the time
- Reaching: Frequent, overhead as well as horizontal
- Vision: Adequate to perform essential job functions
- Color Vision: Adequate to perform essential job functions
- Hearing: Frequently perceive nature of sounds by ear
- Speech: Frequently express ideas by means of spoken words
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination: Frequently operates equipment requiring moderate ability
- Manual Dexterity: Frequently operates equipment requiring moderate ability
The City of Kearney is a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace and an EOE.