Police Records Clerk
Police Records Clerk - Front Desk
Deadline: Thursday, October 21, 2021
Location: Police - Records, Kearney, NE 68845
Job Status: Full-Time
Days: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Rate of Pay: $17.55 -
Status: Accepting Applications
Job Description Summary
Perform clerical duties; perform data entry of law enforcement records; perform a wide variety of complex work and clerical duties in the storage and retrieval of department records. Varied work load may require interpretive judgment when dealing with personnel and operational records. Opportunities exist for discretion and independent action.
Perform data entry into computer for accidents, incidents, citations, tows, gun permits, field interviews and bicycle registrations; enter information from hard copy; copy and forward various reports to other agencies per policy; prepare copies of reports for other employees or individuals; maintain record logs of reports copied or disseminated; scan old records; assist public at the reception window; collect fees and balance cash drawer; provide copies of records; sign defect tickets; begin process for gun permits; serve at staff window to provide officers with needed supplies, reports, or information; answer phones and direct calls; answer routine questions; female clerks may assist with female body searches and photos when a female officer is unavailable. Perform overtime as required; and perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Requirements
High school diploma/GED; require computer and other clerical functions. Must possess good character as determined by thorough background investigation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Mental Requirements -
- Ability to read and comprehend written materials.
- Ability to listen to and apply information and instructions.
- Ability to organize files and effectively retrieve data.
- Ability to comprehend and apply computer software principles.
- Ability to understand mathematical concepts to include basic arithmetic
- Work Type: Light, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- Climbing/Balancing: Minimal, ability to sit and stand
- Walking: Minimal amount required
- Stooping/Bending: Frequently
- Stand/Sit: Sit about 85 percent of the time
- Reaching: Frequent, overhead as well as horizontal
- Vision: Adequate to perform essential job functions
- Color Vision: Adequate to perform essential job functions
- Hearing: Frequently perceive nature of sounds by ear
- Speech: Frequently express ideas by means of spoken words
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination: Frequently operates equipment requiring moderate ability
- Manual Dexterity: Frequently operates equipment requiring moderate ability
The City of Kearney is a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace and an EOE.